Monday, March 30, 2009

Tiny Sparks Design


My husband Brad has just opened an Etsy store! Tiny Sparks Designs is where he creates original designs screen printed onto wood.

All of his pieces are printed on domestic woods which are salvaged or locally harvested, he uses water based inks and does all the printing by hand.



Brad is a furniture maker by trade, he has been doing it for almost 20 years, it is pretty much all he knows how to do. He also teaches furniture making at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco and has been there for almost 10 years.

In addition to making art, he also builds custom furniture. He has an amazing eye for detail and the quality of his work is beautiful, you have to see it in person to really appreciate it.










Here are are couple of his designs. He has more on the Etsy store and more in production. I'll post more when they are done.





I love the birch logs with the heart. They are printed on a piece of Birch, cool huh?

2 comments:

Kari said...

These are great. I really like the one with a sneak peak of the trunks of trees with the shadows angling down. That's one of my favorites. These pieces really show his artistic talent. I can't wait to buy one!

Anonymous said...

I saw you guys at the Renegade Craft Fair! I love the coat rack I bought! I may need more!!! Please post if you are going to more SF Bay craft fairs!!!

Thanks,
Karen